"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Who is on the throne?

My sis, Lisa, had passed along to me this great visual for me to share with the kids.  It's called the Y-chart.  It hangs on my fridge as a great reminder for the kids and myself as to what choices we make and scripture that goes along with it.

Funny thing is, I gave each kiddo their own to look at and look up scriptures together and later found this one, done in typical Maggie-fashion.  She just couldn't have a simple black and white one she had to add her own flair, and this is what it looks like........haa haaa a margarita glass!!!  I cracked up! She didn't realize it, being that we don't have margaritas around here but we got a great laugh out of it and it still remains on our fridge!



What is on the throne? Who is on the throne? I find myself many times wanting to be up on the throne wanting what I want...when I want it..only to be knocked off...de throned. Why is it such a battle, my heart wants God to be the choice always yet my will battles that fleshly enticing call to elevate myself to the top through my selfishness.
It is a constant battle but one that continually draws me in to His presence as I seek to make choices that glorify Him.

Galatians 6:7-9
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked.  A man reaps what he sows.  The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.  Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.


4 comments:

  1. heh..good one! but just think, cayte..with God on the throne..we have more joy..and fun..than any margarita can give!!

    i appreciate your comment at the end..i have the same struggles..WHY???
    God always does such a great job in my life..when i keep Him on the throne!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaa haaa! You are soooo right Aunt Edith!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caytie- I am totally stealing this idea (and keeping the martini glass template). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. until we leave this earth we will struggle against the flesh but I thank God that we serve a God that has overcome and is helping us to overcome each day as we surrender....love your daughters representation!!

    ReplyDelete