"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Sadie Bella!

Yes, today is our sweet baby girl's 1st birthday and she is thousands of miles away.  My feelings are so mixed right now.  We so wanted to have her in our arms for her first birthday but yet we trust completely in God's sovereignty and His timing is perfect.

Precious girl, you will soon be home with your family.  We can't wait to hold you, smell you, play with you, love you.  You are missed.  Our world and our family will change forever when you come home.  We are all looking so forward to that day.

I wonder if you are walking yet, I wonder if you suck your thumb, I wonder if you love music, I wonder  what your laugh sounds like, I wonder what makes you sad, I wonder what makes you happy, I wonder if you talk a lot or just a little, I wonder if you feel secure, I wonder...I wonder.... one day very soon I will wonder no more for then I will be holding you in my arms.  I find comfort and peace in knowing that our heavenly Father loves you far more then we could.  He loves all the little children.    He knew his plan for your life before you were born.  You are so special to Him.

Psalms 68:5 " A father to the fatherless.."

I can't help but think on this significant day what your mother, the one that birthed you is feeling today.  One year ago today your mother gave the most selfless gift.  She gave you a life that she felt she couldn't give you.  She loved you so much.  I'm sure she is thinking and reflecting of what it felt like to hold you in her arms.  A mothers love is so special, so incredibly deep.  I am so thankful for your mother for carrying you for 9 months and loving you.

Very soon we will see you and we can't wait!

Happy 1st Birthday sweet girl!

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Sadie Bella! How I can't wait to meet you on here!

    Cayte, I love your blog and the beautiful and precious pictures of your family. Can't wait to see that precious baby face among them. Thanks for writing and sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog was beautiful, Caytie. Praying for your Sadie to join you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy 1st birthday to your sweet baby girl sadie bella =) i hope it's a comfort to you to know that although you cannot hold her on this her first birthday her heavenly daddy is holding her for you until he can give her to you and your family to hold and love. will continue to pray for all to seamless in getting her home. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, sweet Sadie Bella! You were knitted together in your mother's womb and are being knitted in your American mommy's heart. We love you already and cannot wait to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it so amazing how deep the love is! I know I am a day late in reading this, but Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! I pray you are united with her SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celebrating with you Caytie! (However, I thought you said something about naming her "Sadie Melissa"..maybe I misunderstood.) I'll love her regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed posting on your day little Sadie but am praying for you and for all the adjustments you will be making very soon. You are loved already by your forever family!! See you soon precious one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, now you went and made me cry. This is so touching. Oh that every child awaited a reunion like this.

    ReplyDelete