"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Monday, March 28, 2011

Lots of PICTURES and a VIDEO!

We are adjusting....it is going great but nonetheless, a huge adjustment.

We have this precious little girl who runs around our house and brings us such joy and delight with her dazzling smile and precocious spirit.  Sadie is a feisty little strong willed doll baby!  We love her and her personality is the best.  She loves to laugh and loves to make people laugh even more.

We are all quite smitten with her!  The kids just love her to pieces..seriously it's crazy.  I think we should have brought 4 little ones home so each child had their own....lol!  They fight over her!  Yes, fight over who changes her diaper to who sits next to her at the table to who gets to carry her out of the car to who gets to carry her into wherever it is we are going!!! wheeeeew, I love the help but it can be too much sometimes.  The other day we were at the park and I was putting Sadie in the swing and 3 separate times 2 different children stopped the swing to put a blanket on her or to kiss her or to swing her harder....I said, "enough...step away from the baby" in my stern voice.  I would rather it be this way then they not care..

Our parenting of Sadie looks so different this time around and so it is an adjustment in that sense.  With my 4 other kiddos I parented different in some ways then how I am with Sadie.  I loved getting them on schedules.  Teaching them to go down to bed or nap without sleep aids(ie. bottles, blankies, rocking to sleep first. etc.) Sometimes that involved a little crying before hand but then they would get in their routines and love it.

With Sadie girl it's completely different:)  For attachment reasons we do things a bit differently.  Bob or I rock her to sleep and then slip her into her crib.  She usually stays there for about 1.5 hours and then wakes up...to which we usually put her in bed with us and she is fast asleep.  We sometimes move her back to her crib or most of the time she sleeps the night with us.  She is afraid of being by herself.  We also give her a bottle at night before bed.  She has a blankie that she loves and when she gets tired all you have to do is show it to her and she plops that cute little thumb in her mouth.  PRECIOUS!!!

It's hard to believe that she has only been with us less then a month!!!  I can't imagine our life without her!!! She just perfectly fits with our family!

Now I know you are just waiting for the pictures so here they are...can't wait until one day I can show her face!!  Bob took this video with his phone and it is poor quality...but hilarious...a glimpse of her personality!!! Love it!



sportin my new shades


she loves to look out the window...where she lived before they didn't have windows on her level


swinging with my big sissy


A girls gotta look real cute while strolling her baby doll

My motto is: start em young!!!

mommy is feeding me yogurt and I LOVE it but she has her mouth open and I am wondering if she thinks I am gonna feed her..hmm

Here I am on Daddy asleep but you can't see my full face yet:( but I am really cute..at least that's what they keep saying

I am such a funny little girl when I get a hang nail I just can't let it go until I get it

I'm still workin on it

yes that's me....I am an accomplished pianist

mommy gave me special markers that are washable for kids my age...see how well I draw? that was just my practice tree;)

I'm glad they are washable cause I really don't like my hands like this

I can't wait for the beach cause I just love the water!!

my family thinks I am so cute!



15 comments:

  1. Love it Cayte! I'm so proud of you and the lengths you went to love one of God's children. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, love all the pics! I am not the least bit surprised your kids dote on her the way they do. :-) I cannot wait to get there and see her myself!!!!! 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little recap of your life with little Sadie. What a sweetheart- If you ever want to adopt another 17 month old (even temporarily), I am considering "lending" Caid out until he's 4 and through this "stage" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.my.word. she's is so precious I could cry!!!! thank you for saying "yes". you're my heros.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love hearing how well she is adjusting and fitting in! God knew the perfect family for Sadie was in the US! The video is great too! Wow, she really is totally comfortable - it seems with being at her new home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable!! And, I love the video! She's got some great moves! :) And, btw, I LOVE your hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just adorable!!! Thank you for sharing pictures and video! I hope we can meet her in person soon! Looks like she is being showered with love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful!!! I've been thinking about you and how your family has been adjusting! Hope you all are doing well! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks girls!! we completely believe that God has used you and many others to hold us up in this...you are all a part of this story! May HE receive the glory and we pray that Sadie will come to HIM at an early age and worship her creator, the ONE who knew she would be our daughter, the One who knitted her so perfectly in her mother's womb!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Caytie!! I don't even have to see her full face to know how sweet and loved she is. I am so encouraged by your comment...that your first desire for your daughter is to know her Creator, the Author and Perfecter of her faith!! What a wonderful and perfect mom you are for Sadie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing the pics. Can't wait 'til we can see her whole face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I loved reading your update. I think of you all often. The pics are great and that video ... Sadie has got some moves! Love it!
    She looks right at home. Healthy, happy and thriving.
    God is good. All the time!
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is soooo cute! Oh my goodness! Love how excited your kids are about her too. Mine are the same way and I have to make them step back once in awhile! That is why HK should let you adopt more at once, so the other kids don't have to share! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my word caytie...she is ADORABLE!!!!!! such a blessing from God I'm so happy that you are all doing well and that she is adjusting and that the kids are so in love with her!! enjoy this little angel girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this girl! What precious family you have. Praising the Lord with you! We love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete