"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Picking up where I left off...

Well, it's been 3 plus weeks since I last blogged and of course the last post I left you with was Nate in surgery.  He is now out of surgery..lol!  Let me bring you up to speed.

We thank the Lord for bringing Nate through surgery.  The surgery was a lot harder and more involved then what they had expected which made this momma very nervous as I watched the clock tick right on by...1 hour turning into 2 and longer.  Our surgeon, who I just loved (she looks a little like Nicole C. Mullen), had to call in another surgeon for help.  I will spare you all the details....but God was gracious and they feel as though they repaired the hernia and got every other part of him back to where it should be.  They expect a full recovery.

We have been just plain ol' crazy busy.  The allergies/asthma are doing quite a toll on us, but we are loving this warm weather.  I still haven't managed to get into a "routine" yet with having our fifth.  Working hard at figuring out how to do that but meanwhile enjoying every minute with our precious girl.  It has been so sweet to see our entire family bond in a new way with our China doll.  I have seen so many great gifts in our children in how they care and love on their new little sister.  They are so proud to show her off and she loves them each so much.

My heart is overflowing with joy!  We just love our Sadie Bella so very much.  She has really attached herself to her daddy, it's been a delight to watch as well as to see him fall deeply in love with his little girl!

We simply can not imagine our family without her!!  I was saying just the other day that I feel as though I gave birth to her...I actually am grieving the fact that I didn't birth her.  Does that make sense?  I know that one day she too will go through those feelings as well.  She's my baby girl and I just love every part of her even when she hits, has a full blown temper tantrum,  tells me "no",  refuses to eat or listen, I just love her no matter what because she is my girl!  It's been 2 months that we have had her in our arms...seems like she has been here forever.

We are preparing for the Chariots of Hope banquet this Saturday!!! Yay!! We are so thrilled to be a part of this and to see what all God has in store as Chariots continues to support orphanages in East Africa.  Bob has been verrrrrry busy building "small buildings" that one might see over in Africa.  The banquet is showcasing several different sustainable projects that are on going in the orphanages to help sustain them and as well as to teach many different skills to the children.  Our church will be transformed into one of the orphanages Maaiu Mahu.  It has been so much fun to be a part of this great organization.  Can't wait to see what God has in store this weekend!  Our whole family(except Sadie) will be involved in this in some way....love it!  I hope to have some pics and more to share after this weekend!

Many things have been on my heart that I can't wait to start to share here.   Processing it all and sometimes the words just don't come out the way you want them to...know what I mean?  Oh maybe that's called a writers block? But I am not really a writer so I'll just say...blogger's block:)

5 comments:

  1. Blogger's block comes my way often! :) So great to hear an update on your family. You did forget to add pictures, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Was wondering where you've been! Well, I know where you've been....loving on a precious baby girl and adjusting to being a mommy of FIVE! Love your family and thanks for the update. Glad Nate's surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been missed. I think of you all often and have been curious about Sadie's homecoming transition. Grateful to hear Nate's surgery was a success despite the surprises. Cannot wait to learn more about all that God has placed on your heart.
    Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you back on here! Glad things are going well and you are all bonding so well with Sadie...especially Bob since when you were getting here she wasn't taking to him so it's neat to see how she is attaching herself to him now! God is good and it's so neat to see how all this has unfolded. Looking forward to hearing how this continues to impact your life and the lives of others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see pictures of the banquet!! And, it was SO NICE to see you Friday! :) It feels like I've known you for years! I never did get that e-mail, and have been meaning to let you know that, but haven't had a minute. Hope all went well today! Sadie Bella is beautiful, and it was SO SWEET to see her sleeping in her Mamma's arms! Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete