"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Monday, March 15, 2010

Why?

Why me, Lord?

Why now, Lord?

Why us, Lord?

Whyyyyyy again, Lord?

I'm having a couple of those kind of days. You know, those days when things happen and you don't understand why or when something you think you have under control suddenly unravels all over again. I could ask these questions about many of the "things" in my life right now and quite frankly I am.

Oh Lord, really, I thought that "this" was a closed issue for now...I have the battle wounds to prove that I have already been there and thought I was done with this battle and then
He comforts me......

2 Corinthians 4:8-10
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.

Lord, how many times will I fail before I "get it"....I feel so very weak....and don't always have the fight in me to conquer this...or the desire to overcome this and then
He reminds me.....

2 Corinthians 12:8-10
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.....For Christ's sake I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak He is strong.

Lord, where do I go from here.....how do I love...I mean really, truly love.....unselfishly....wanting nothing in return and then
He shows me in His word....

Micah 6:8
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

In times such as these, when I feel as though I have lost my footing....He is there and he cares so much for this one little lamb in amongst a whole flock. I am eternally grateful for Him choosing me. I am indebted to Him and I love him for saving me and am thankful for these kind of days where I am reminded of how He is molding me into what he desires.

So "why" post this.....because this is an attempt to capture our life....the good, the bad, the ugly. This is me and this is......walking it out.....with Him leading the way.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honest disclosure Cayte. You're an inspiration and encouragement to many, I am certain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your vulnerability helps others...i know exactly who needs this today and i hope it's okay that i copy and paste this to share it with her...she needs to read these words and the scriptures you shared. our pain is for someone else so that God can bring peace. thank you cayte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey cayte that was me (claudia) not jason...he was signed in and i didn't notice. let me know if it's ok if i copy and paste this for my friend. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claudia...absolutely...we are all on this journey together...to pick each other up and encourage and urge each other on in love...God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cayte. Sometimes it's so discouraging and you (I) just feel like here we go again, just the same old, same old crap again.

    Thanks for the verses!!

    ReplyDelete