"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shawnie's back in town!

Hey there, just stoppin in real quickly!! Been busy, busy, busy! Ya see, my brother Shawnie is in town and he has been a painting machine! He came in Sunday night during the torrential downpours to paint outside....and well, he ended up painting my kitchen and hallway for the first 2 days.....yippppeeee! I'm such a slave driver....according to him;) It looks absolutely beautiful with pictures to come reallllllll soon!

I love having him here with me and having the time to spend together....whether its listening to some great new praise song or singing at the top of our lungs to Journey's...."Don't Stop Believing" (totally on key)or trips down memory lane, Making me laugh at totally inappropriate times....it's always a blast!

Just talkin bout life....the ups and downs and the struggles we face and our stinkin sin nature that we fight. Ya see, we kinda are alike personality-wise and therefore struggle with some of the same things. I really appreciate his absolute, frank, honesty when we talk and am thankful for his discerning words of wisdom which always lead to the cross and how Christ wants us to live!

Love you lil' brother...Shawnie boy!!
Ps. I say lil' but there's only 3yrs. 11months and 4days between us;)


12 comments:

  1. Cayte, I want to seee pictures of the new paint jobs!! Still haven't seen your mom's new look! Remember us far away souls!

    Love to Shawnie!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about you both and can just picture the whole thing- REALLY makes me MISS you BOTH! Love and hugs!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW....who doesn't love Shawn?!
    XOXO to you both!
    Jul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous....now I'm off to find some verses and ask for forgiveness for being jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DON'T STOP BEEEELIIIIEEEEEEVING, HOLD ON TO THAT FEEE LANANAYAYA.. STREET LIGHTS PEEEEEEEEOPL oh OOOOO WOAAAAAW!


    See Meggie can sing too........

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Meg, wish you were up right now...i've got the giggles from all your funny comments. But since you were up and blogging at TWELVE:TWENTY AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you're snoring still at SEVEN:FOURTEEN AM.
    Seriously, nobody looks to see what time you're online. HAHHAHAHAHAHA! But, true, you can sing. really, really good. You should've been a rock star. Why weren't you? Seriously?

    Anywho, happy you had such a wonderful time with each other. Ahh...reminds me of my relationship with my brother. Oh, wait...no it doesn't. Never mind.
    sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megan you are hilarious!! And yes you CAN sing not to mention figure skate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's all about ME it's all about I it's all about number one oh my me my...!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haahaa Meg....we missed you and Den....the foursome singing into our wooden spoons and various utensils:) ohhhh what great memories! having to do chores before mom got home from work at 12 during the summers and singing all morning until 10 minutes before and doing a super fast (ernie and bert) cleaning!!

    Debbie, the pics are commmmmmming! Thanks for your patience;)

    Judy, we do have fun and can't wait to see you!! one of these days!

    Anna, is this anna gregoire???

    Lis, thanks for sharing your man!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you two are a hoot!!! so glad you had that time together...nothing like family and nothing better than siblings getting together to ham it up a bit...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't stop believen hold on to that Watermelon watermelon......

    ReplyDelete
  12. haaa haaa haaaaa! yes watermelon was our fill in word when we didn't know the actual words for the song!! That's great....meg....ahhhhhh great, great memories

    ReplyDelete