"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Thursday, March 25, 2010

My little Mag-pie

The other day...I noticed...right there before my very eyes...my little girl is getting older....she's maturing.....she is getting taller in stature.....her feet are almost as big as mine(sz. 9) I enjoy our conversations together.....I love her unique creativity for things...I love how she mothers her sister and brothers.....I love her notes that she leaves for me...here and there...I love her inventions and seeing how her mind puts things together...I love that she is a girly girl but yet loves to fish with her daddy...I love her flair for fashion....I love watching her grow in her relationship with the Lord ....through the ups and downs of being 10 1/2 and the sensitive feelings and hurts that come from situations or friends at that vulnerable pre-teen age I have seen the Lord use these things to bring her close to Him and she is blossoming...everything in me wants to keep her from growing up but I know I can't...I feel as though time is just evaporating and slipping right out of my hand like sand through my fingers.

I thank God for the very precious treasure she is to me and our family and for the privilege to raise this beautiful girl into a young woman. I pray that she always seek Him first in all that she does and that He would be glorified in her life! What a sweet blessing!
these were notes we found in our bag once we got to Jamaica...loved it!
i love this one...she put this on our elliptical
my bathing beauty
stilts she made from little crates and bubbled envelopes
these are pizza-hut boxes she used for a baby room
she wanted a basket on the front of her bike to put her babies in while riding so she asked for a crate and then had Nate zip tie them to her handle bars...I love how her mind works!
my girl and me! love her!

6 comments:

  1. Pretty girl growing into a beautiful young lady. It is hard to see them grow up thats for sure, but neat to see what they are blossoming into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a creative genius that girl!! love her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo of the two of you! Girls are the best! ...lovely tribute, Cayte

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is really getting older and such a beauty. She wants everything to be "appropriate." Her mind is always thinking of others and she shows that through her little presents and cards. Maggie really loves to make pretty things and create fashion!! It will be interesting to see what she ends up doing with her talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i got emotional just reading this and of course the song didn't help either....blubbering...precious and sweet and creative enjoy every moment with her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH....you should have warned to pull out the tissues! She is so lovely inside and out. In part she is YOU Cayte! Love ya!!
    Jul

    ReplyDelete