"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Friday, April 16, 2010

My silly girl!


Before you write us off as some crazy homeschooling family let me explain these pictures! One never knows what's going through your childrens minds as they watch t.v. Gracie has some favorite shows that she really enjoys watching. Some of them she has "learned" several new tricks that she likes to re-enact.

She loooooves "I love Lucy"! I mean, come on, who doesn't. What could possibly be harmless about that show you might say. Not much, mostly slapstick, funny, goofy, humor. Until one day when Maggie came to me saying, "Mommy, Gracie is smoking again". Alarmed I rushed to Gracie and said, "where did you learn to smoke"? she very confidently said, "Lucy smokes". Well, we "caught" her a few more times, and after explaining the ins and outs of the time period and how they didn't know it was hazardous to their health. She stopped. Although, come to think of it, it could have been my frantic rant on what lungs look like from smoking.

Next, her love for Gidget. Ahhhhh, I remember growing up and watching re-runs of Gidget starring Sally Fields. I loved her and thought she was the cutest thing(some of you probably don't even know who I am talking about..geez). That's when my longing for dimples and a round face with brown eyes started. Simply adorable. Gidget did a lot of surfing with Moon Doggy(her beau), LaRue and her little group of friends. One day as I was passing by the girls room I caught Gracie "surfing" on the ironing board(thankfully, it was folded down). Makes sense, right?
Then there was the Andy Griffith show. The week Don Knotts died was a sad one...they had a marathon of the show all weekend and anyone who came to the house was told that Barney Fife had died.

She likes all the Little House shows and more than that she is completely enthralled with the "Love Comes Softly Series" on dvd's which are set in the 1800's. She can't get enough of these shows and I think she's been watching them too much......take a look for yourself!
she's getting on her horse(that's bob's belt)
whooaaaaa!
giddddy up!

this is a common spot to find her! I had to get a picture because who knows when she will stop doing these things...they grow up too fast!


5 comments:

  1. Good for Gracie! What an imagination! Better Little House than say... Jersey Shore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Reminds me of me . . . just ask my mom :) The gift of an active imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Creative!! You don't need to feed the horse, or clean up after it...And less expensive than riding lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Although I am sure her rumpus must be sore...teehee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! that's MY kind of pet. way to go, gracie-girl!!

    ReplyDelete