"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Creation Museum and Homeschool Convention


Finally, getting back into the groove around here....ahhhh! We had a great time away with Megan and Greg this past weekend! We learned many new ideas and were inspired and encouraged to keep homeschooling. Friday night at the convention we got to hear Tim Hawkins....who, I think is hilarious on you tube, but that doesn't even come close to being live. The guy is naturally funny, you can just tell. He and his wife homeschool their 4 children and so he wrote a special homeschool song for the conference. I hope to find it on you tube soon!

After the conference, we headed to the Creation Museum which was just a couple miles down the road. This was our first time there, Meg and Greg had been there before, and how incredibly refreshing to walk through a museum where God's handiwork is acknowledged! Scientific evidence and facts and answers to questions are all backed up by God's Word. It was so amazing and I have learned so much. It made me realize how deep I want to teach my kids about the beginning of creation in order for them to understand why we believe the entire bible. The beginning is so crucial for them to fully comprehend so they have the foundation for the rest.

Here are some startling quotes posted around the museum:

"In the Garden Of Eden, the serpent questioned God's warning about death. He asked the first woman, "Did God really say.....?" The elevation of human reason above God's Word is the essence of every attack on God's Word."

"Scripture abandoned in culture leads to Relative morality, hopelessness, and meaninglessness."

"A minority of born-again adults 44% and even fewer teens 9% are certain of the existence of Absolute Truth."

"Only 1 in 3 teens say they will continue to participate in church life once they are living on their own."

"As dark as things appear, God's Word gives us the foundation to rebuild.
The place to start is......at the beginning, six thousand years ago.

My heart is overwhelmed and so thankful for this man's vision, Ken Ham and his passion to educate and "go and tell the world" is inspiring to me, you can't help but feel this way. He answered a call by God....one that wasn't easy, one that has put threats on his life and those around him, even bomb threats on the museum. But we serve an Almighty Creator and because of that there is no need to fear! I am so thankful for his faithfulness, because it has impacted me and my prayer is it will to those around me. Praise the Lord! "Go ye and tell the world..."

Ken Ham address (http:/www.answersingenesis.org/) Get educated!

Here are some pics of our weekend:)


they had a little..little petting zoo

we need to be educated so we can educate our children!
yes there were dinosaurs on the ark and they weren't all huges sizes...most were about waist high.


Tim Hawkins!!!!!!!!!! :) twinkies were something he throws at the end of a show. I caught one!
3 rows off the stage!
My love!

Greg and Meg:)

6 comments:

  1. Great!! I especially love the last two pictures......my kiddos, how beautiful are my girls!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, to answer mom's question, your girls? they are BEEEE U Tee ful!!! yeppers.

    Sounds like a great time. we'd looove to take our boys to the museum someday. i've heard how great it is!

    anywho - have you all watched "Expelled" with ben stein? very good. check it out. if you haven't already.

    glad you're back and in the groove.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Your trip sounds amazing. . . I am still in awe of your homeschooling brilliance and maybe someday will take the plunge. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thanks Mom and Lis!! The museum is incredible! We want to go again in the fall with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it's great that you could expose your kids to a visual explanation of God's creation...we'll have to check that place out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lis, thank you(blushing)! I need to carry you in my pocket! ha! I will look into expelled!

    Melissa, oh I am so not brilliant, just a small tool to be used to help my kids out ! I have much to learn and improve on...beware, i LOVE homeschooling but it's amazing how much of your sin is revealed(ie., not being patient, selfishness, etc.) you get the picture;)

    Mom, thanks!!! I know you are not bias one bit!

    Claudia, definitely check it out...it is more of an adult place but the exposure to our kids is a great thing!

    ReplyDelete