"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Bob and I are so blessed to be able to celebrate today with both of our mothers.  We are so appreciative for all the many times they have sacrificed on behalf of their children.   We are thankful for their unconditional,  selfless love they gave to each of us while raising us and the love and support they continue to show to us and their grandchildren.

Both of our mothers and my grandmother have experienced the loss of their husbands(our dads/pop-pop) yet through the hardships, pain, grief and agony they have all faithfully walked with Christ. They have demonstrated strength and hope when life doesn't turn out the way we plan it because, their hope is found in Jesus Christ.

We honor you today, Mom Shay, Mom Hirschberg, and Nanny Shay for showing us what it looks like to really live for Christ when life brings both sorrow and joy.  We love you!

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come,


She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.


She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.


Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:


Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all


Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.


Proverbs 31:25-30

I love this man, thank you mom for teaching him how to love, cherish, and respect a woman.  For that I am grateful. What a precious gift he has been to me!

My beautiful mom! The one, who through example, taught me how to be a mom!  Thank you for teaching me to seek Jesus in all circumstances and for pointing me to His word.  Thank you for loving me even when I am not lovable!  Your wisdom is priceless and one that I will continue to seek and treasure. I love you!

So incredibly thankful and blessed to have Nanny in our lives.  "Great" to the great grandkids.  My children love spending time with you and so do I.  Thank you for being a loving mother to my dad and grandmother to all of us. You make the best pie's around!(especially blueberrry)*hint hint...love you!


Since I was a little girl, all I wanted to do was grow up and be a wife and mommy.  God in his graciousness has blessed me with my desire.  I have four beautiful children and another one to come through the privilege of adoption.  There is nothing more important to my heart then to see my children love Jesus with all of their heart, soul and mind. May I continue to seek His face in all that I do.  May I be a reflection of his love.    


I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in Christ Jesus...for ever and ever! AMEN.
Ephesians 3:16-21


They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.
Isaiah 61:3b


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WOMEN IN MY LIFE!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute and lovely pictures of so many beautiful women in your life! Happy Mother's Day to you, Cayte!
    p.s. so excited that the "cat is out of the adoption bag". Can't wait to hear about this exciting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks melissa! more to come on the adoption as it unfolds...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Our mother is a true blessing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a blessing to have such beautiful women in your life...great tribute cayte! praying God continues to lead and guide your family as you start this new journey....can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete