"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I love this kid!

 Nate has not played baseball for years....probably since 1st or 2nd grade.  He just really didn't have the desire.  This year he really wanted to play and I was the delinquent one that missed sign ups.  So, with him pleading for me to help him get on a team I signed him up late.  Only to find out there was a waiting list......ugh.....I felt like the world's worse mom.  He had wanted to play and reminded me but it just slipped right out of my ADD brain.  So, needless to say, I apologized to him for my forgetfulness. He, of course, "no problem mom".

We got a call to say they had some drop-outs and that he would be placed on a team!  We were thrilled,(I was redeemed)!  We thanked God for giving Nate this chance to play!

Nate practiced and practiced, a couple runs to the batting cages and playing in the back yard and he felt ready to go!

He had a great year! He was hands down the most handsome catcher or player for that matter in the league!(I know....but I'm his mom, it's my blog and I can say that;)

The team lost every game but one.....but they had heart! For example, the last game(mind you they only won once)they were losing by many runs and were getting ready to be pulled from the game because of the mercy rule. His team was in the outfield and after many scores that inning the pitcher caught a fly ball and the boys all ran in and slapped him and high-fived each other.  I seriously almost cried( I know....but I'm his mom and I'm a sap).  These boys had heart! They were not down because of some mercy rule, they were excited because somebody actually caught a fly ball...which was not a usual occurence on this team.  Okay, back to why I was crying, how cool is it that they still were pumped even after a blow-out season and 6 games called because of the mercy rule. These kids were in the game for the right reason and despite the scores and losses they were still fist pumping each other, their attitudes spoke volumes.

 Nate was one of the driving forces on the team and made this momma very proud by being the team encourager.  His coach pulled Bob aside and spoke so kindly about Nate and what a nice young man he was.  This boy melts my heart, his love for Jesus shines through Him and he is such a joy!  He loves to have heart to heart discussions, tends to see things as black or white(but we're working on this).  The one night I was driving him to his game I looked over and he had a necklace with a wooden fish on it that read JESUS!  I said, "are you wearing that during the game" he said "Yeah, mom".  I love his boldness, what a blessing he is to our family!









6 comments:

  1. This totally captures Natey boy!! What a loving boy. I am always blown away by how much he looks like Bob. That first pic...he's a spitten image of his father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Nate!! Terrific season end report. Way to glorify the Lord and be a team leader. AWESOME!!
    xo Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Nate!! A hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so choked up reading this....maybe it's because I have boys too and I see how competitive they can be sometimes but it's so neat to hear that they can glorify God in the midst of defeat and be the leaders that God has called them to be...okay now I'm crying! It's a beautiful thing and may he and all of our boys/girls continue to reach out to those who can't "see" the truth. So glad Nate was given the chance to play but most importantly to be a witness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is a special guy!!! That fer shur

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great testimony... Speaking as a "black and white" person, I am delighted to learn of yet another handsome and respectful athlete in my corner :) You must be so proud!

    ReplyDelete