"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Saturday, June 12, 2010

This song just captures my heart! (one of many)

(don't forget to turn off music in sidebar:) 


This song gets me every. single. time.

I cry everytime we sing this in church. (it ain't pretty either)

It causes me to think of many things that God has allowed to happen in my walk. Just remembering all that has taken place in my life, the loss of my dad, my nana, my father in law, pop-pop's, a precious little baby we never met, and other struggles. But not forgetting the joyful times, getting married to a wonderful man who loves the Lord, having the incredible blessing of 4 children and soon to be another little one, the love of and close relationships with extended family along with friends.  No matter what, He has always been ENOUGH every. single. time.  So thankful to be a child of a Father that loves me regardless of how I act and one that fills me with His hope in the unknowns.

In the chorus he sings, "Your love is faith for the widow", which I cry because of my mom being one of those who has endured that hardship and yet remains faithful.

" Hope for the orphan"....about this time I am crying that really ugly cry. Thinking of our little precious baby girl who we can't wait to meet.  The yearning to have her home in our family to love and care for can be so overwhelming while waiting, it feels like an eternity.  My heart hurts for her little person knowing she will be uprooted from all that she has ever known.  All for the good of having a family and people to call her own, but she won't know that initially when she leaves the people that have cared for her since she was born.  But God already knows what she needs and he will again be ENOUGH for her while she transitions and for me and the rest of our family as we help her adapt to our life and shower on her every piece of love we have because of God who has richly blessed us with His love to do that.  Oh how my heart loves this precious baby with everything in me!  She is adored and loved by so many already.  I wish I could share more, one day...hopefully soon!  Pray for us!

5 comments:

  1. beautiful song caytie...i've never heard it but i can see and understand how it would touch your heart in so many ways...God is enough for us and it's something we need to realize more and more in every area of our lives! thanks for sharing the song =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying too...I don't know if I have ever heard that song before. I'm blessed to have you as my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always impressed by your sensitive heart Caytie. Your friends and family are blessed to have you, undoubtedly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks cayte. i love your heart.


    ...i'm signing off now as i'm nearing the ugly cry, myself.

    i'm honored to call you sister. not only by blood by blood, because as you know, dinie birthed me too, but by HIS blood. You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks girls. casting crowns....love them...the words to their songs are just so great....music speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete