"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy 11th Birthday Maggie!

I can't believe my little girl is 11 years old today!!!

Oh how I remember that day, when they put her in my arms and said it's a girl, my heart leaped!
I love my boys and was so thankful to now have a little girl.  She made us wait for her...and additional 6 days but it was so incredibly worth it!

I remember looking at her and thinking how beautiful!  She had a head full of brown hair(the nurses put a pink ribbon in it)and big beautiful eyes that looked all around.  Her poppy nicknamed her "bright eyes".  What a joyous memory!

Maggie, here we are 11 years later and you are growing into a young lady right before our very eyes!  You are beautiful!  But your beauty not only comes from your outward appearance but from your heart.


"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and clothes.  Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
I Peter 3:3-4

You love Jesus and it shines all around you.  I love how you can create anything out of anything lying around the house, your mind is so very creative and artsy.  I'm amazed at the depth of your insight and perceptiveness about life.  You are such a sweet girl who genuinely loves your friends and family and always looking out for them especially your sis!

Daddy and I both pray that you love the Lord always and continue to walk closely with Him.

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm.  Let nothing move you.  Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
I Corinthians 15:58






















We love you doll!  Happy 11th birthday Magpie!

5 comments:

  1. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GIRL!! I LOVE YOU MAGGIE!! AUNT EDITH

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetie! Happy Birthday, Maggie! You are such a precious girl and mean so much to us Shays down here in NC. We love you and pray the Lord continues to draw you close to Him and lead you through your days. There's no greater joy than serving Him with all of your heart. I know you will. kiss kiss, hug hug...from Aunt Lisa and the whole dang crew. mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Maggie! :) I love the pictures! you're beautiful! And, praying for your Nanna (Grandmom, Mommom...whatever name you call her,lol!) Hope you have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Day Magpie..I was so happy to have a little grandbaby girl!! I remember when you were born and Poppy came in to see you in the delivery room and you were looking all around and he said "hey little bright eyes" and that was always his special name for you!! Such a precious girl you are and I pray that you will honor Jesus always with your life and the many gifts God has given you!!! Love you Grammy Shay

    ReplyDelete