"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Friday, October 1, 2010

"Out of Africa"

My guys are in the air on their second plane ride.

Destination: good ol' USA and a home where two little girls got all dressed up today to see their daddy and brothers along with a mom and wife who can't wait to hug and kiss them to pieces!

I had the privilege to talk with them several times while they were away and the stories I heard over the phone brought tears to my eyes and no words could be spoken.

I know they are so excited to come home because they miss us and they miss all the comforts of home, but I do know that their hearts are very torn... between two "homes" that now have captivated their hearts. The farewells were full of tears.  But, this is just the beginning....and I KNOW this will not be their last trip, Lord willing.  Africa is cemented in their hearts...forever.

So my prayer today is one of gratitude for what was and for what is to come.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience, I'm sure they saw the hand of God in amazing ways! Will be watching for pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so awesome that they had the opportunity to take such a trip that will leave an imprint on their hearts and minds forever....hope you can relay some of their stories here =)

    ReplyDelete