"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hong Kong Bound!!!!

Today at 9:21 am I received "The Call" from our social worker Cindy.  At first I thought that she was just getting back to me about an email I had sent her...until she said, "Are you sitting down?" which at that point I was crying.....Oh my word!  I can't even begin to tell you how excited, elated, joyous this news was!  We have been praying and not so patiently waiting but trusting in the fact that God's timing and his plans are soooooo much better then ours.  He orchestrates everything!! Perfectly!
We will be leaving in a week.....I. can't. believe. it!!!! 
PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSING FLOW!!  PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME!!!!
I was with the girls at their discovery session and pulled over in the car to attempt videoing them while I told them.  So in the excitement of it all I have the video turned sideways(sorry) but their reactions were so different and so precious...something that I will always treasure and Sadie will have to look back at when she is older and see just how much she is LOVED already!

I am hoping to get a video of the boys.  Bob stopped at home while I was with girls and I think he tried to video them when he told them..hopefully I can get them on here as well.

Ohhhh so please pray! Pray for us as we will busily prepare this next week(we leave in a week) to get everybody settled here.  Pray for Sadie as she is going to transition from the only family she has known since birth into our family.  She is very attached to them and will grieve them.  Pray for her special family and their hearts as they say goodbye to the little girl who they have taken care of since birth.  I am crying just thinking of them and how hard this must be for them.  Please pray for Bob and I as we travel over to pick her up and love on her and help her during her grief.  And of course, to pray for our children and family here who are holding down the fort!

Oh my I am just so excited and I wish I could sit with all of you and tell you just how our God is AMAZING.  He is in ALL of the details and HE cares so much for us!  I just can't Praise him enough!!

I am hoping this video works, if not I will try again!




I end this post with a beautiful passage of scripture from Psalms 84.  My friend, Andrea used this scripture at the Adoption mom retreat that I missed this year but will be at next year!!  I love this Psalm!

How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

Even the sparrow has found a home, 
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young
a place near your altar,
O Lord almighty, my King and my God
Blessed are those who dwell in your house;
they are ever praising you.

Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley of Baca,
they make it a place of springs;
the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
They go from strength to strength, 
till each appears before god in Zion.

Hear my prayer, O Lord God Almighty;
listen to me, O God of Jacob.
Look upon your shield, O God;
look with favor on your anointed one.

Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.

For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.

O Lord Almighty,
blessed is the man who trusts in you.

13 comments:

  1. you, are one of my heros, cayte. i love you so much that words cannot even express it.
    btw - that's is the best video i've seen in a long time!
    this is so awesome. thanks for calling me this morning!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls (and you!) have me bawling over here! Soo excited for you guys and your precious little girl! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so exciting! I am so happy for you. Congratulations! Good luck with all that you have to do between now and then. I pray you will have a safe journey, and that you and your daughter will bond quickly and easily. I pray that her grief would be short and complete. What great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am crying right now (happy tears of course!) just about as much as I was when we got our call! We will be praying for you as you prepare over this next week, and for traveling mercies. And, most of all, we will be praying for Sadie. WOW!!!! Thank you, Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the boys and I are sitting here crying right along with you and Maggie! What an awesome video!!! We rejoice with all of you!

    Can't wait to meet this precious little girl. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm a blubbering crying woman over here! praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!!!! i am so happy for you guys and have prayed for your protection and will continue to pray for a safe journey and for the hearts of those who will let her go and for sadie that her heart will be bonded to yours....love you cayte!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so wonderful. I am very happy for you guys. You will have a wonderful time in HK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is the second time I have been crying with joy at this wonderful news! I cried when you called me this morning and now seing this video of the girls and reading your commentary. Praise be to God! It has felt like such a long time but His timing is perfect we don't even know exactly why but we can trust in Him knowing that he has set this time to be the perfect timing to travel and unite Sadie with our family (Notice the Posessive there!! LOL!!). We are so excited and will be praying you through this process. We love you guys and Sadie!!!! The Shay's

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Cannot imagine how amazing and exciting "the call" must be, to know that you are finally getting what you have been waiting all of this time for. And understanding myself how difficult it is to be the one waiting! I can only imagine how hard that must have been. Best wishes and love as you continue this amazing adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praise God for this amazing blessing!!! So excited for your family and look forward to all that is to come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Caytie! What a moment. I love your girls' reactions. I was laughing and crying at the same time while watching. :) I will certainly be praying for your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crying the ugly cry. Oh my. That video is priceless. Emailing you now! Cannot wait to hook up in Hong Kong!
    Love & Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY, Caytie!!! So excited to hear this wonderful news!!! Praising God with ya'll tonight!!! Can't wait to see Sadie in your arms!

    ReplyDelete