"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our first day in Hong Kong (Sunday) February 27

We are here!  Yay!

What a trip that was!  Our plane departed somewhere around 4:30-5 and 16 hours later we landed in Hong Kong.  The trip was a complete blur...the twilight zone.  I think I might have slept a total of 2 hours.  The flight was uneventful other then we were delayed in the beginning.  I am all about uneventful flights!  So happy to have our feet on soil.

We got to our hotel and all settled in and hit the streets of HK looking for a little something to eat at 11:00pm.  HK is hopping....I mean hopping late at night and all through the night..we were amazed.

We are still just trying to take it all in.  Our internal clocks are quite off.  We got up around 5:30 this morning and headed outside to do some more sight seeing.  Of course, I forgot my camera (sigh).  We walked to a beautiful park down the street.  The park was beautiful!  Right in the middle of this bustling city is a beautiful, immaculately clean park.  As we walked through the park we saw all kinds of birds like flamingos.  Many people were doing Tai Chi or various forms of that all throughout the park.  People everywhere cleaning...I mean like nothing we've seen near us.  The weather was in the 70's and just gorgeous.

So in this wonderful world of blogging, we bloggers, blog hop.  Basically, you read someone's blog and then hop to a blog they might have on their sidebar.  It's really a fun thing!  So for instance if you jump to another persons blog and see the comments in the comment bar you can click on a persons name and that will take you to their blog(if they have one)...make sense to non-bloggers?  Anyway, about a year ago I found myself at Andrea's blog which I just love.  I would comment on her blog.  Several times when I would comment I found another person comment and always sign off with Love and blessings from Hong Kong so of course that peaked my interest and that is how I came to know Kim.

Today for lunch Bob and I met up with Kim, her husband Tyler, and beautiful children John Austin,  Matthew, Jackson, Sam and Lucy!!!  It was so great to meet Kim in person!  I have been following her blog and reading all about their life in expat living here in Hong Kong.  What a wonderful time we had eating the best Chinese food I have ever eaten.  We had Dim Sum...sadly I did not take a picture of it(remember I'm suffering from jet lag).  Kim and Tyler  filled us in on Hong Kong and gave us some tips for maneuvering around.  We had an amazing time and were so blessed by them.  We were so thankful for them taking the time to meet us and are still hoping to get in another visit before we leave HK...with Sadie in tow!  What a beautiful family...it made us miss our kids.  Sweet Lucy was such a love bug and gave me several hugs to which I just loved.  She must have known I needed some hugs since I'm missing my own girlies.  Thank you Kim, Tyler and kiddos!

Behind us you are looking at the beautiful view of Victoria's harbor.  To the left is the famous Star Ferry(one of them) which transports about 74,000 people back and forth between the islands.  The water is so clear and has that tropical blue/green color.
Kim gave us this sweet card and two childrens books about Hong Kong!  Thank you so much Kim!! So thoughtful and I love the books!  Look at the one on the right..she is standing right where we were in the pic above....love it!!

After a lovely afternoon we got back to our hotel around 3:30pm to get changed and do some more sightseeing but instead fell dead asleep....for 5 hours!!!!! Not a good thing when you are trying to get on schedule here!  Oh dear!  So we are trying to adjust to the time change...not very successful yet.

In 10 short hours we are meeting our daughter for the first time!!  We are so excited and I can't sleep...but it is 1:10am so I need to try.

I will fill you in on our visit!!!

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm stalking!! Wow, how neat to meet a fellow. Log friend, in HK!! Praying you're meeting goes beautifully! Meeting your little girl, after so long!! Tears, happy tears here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to meet a blogging buddy so far from home! I can't wait to see pictures of your sweet Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i love this post! what an amazing invention the wide world web is...so glad you got to meet your blog friend. how precious!
    i hope you find rest soon...and cannot wait to hear about your first meeting with sadie.
    i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is great that you were able to meet a couple over there! How fun! I am so excited for you to meet Sadie in a few hours! I will be praying that it all goes wonderful!
    We never did adjust to the time but it made it easy coming home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great to have a connection in HK!!! What a blessing. Can't wait to follow along. Will be praying for you as you meet little Sadie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cayte, so happy you got to meet your friend. Excited to read more about your journey! Praying for you as you are soon to meet your little girl. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cayte, so excited for you both! Can't wait to see pictures of you and Sadie. Hope you continue to have a blessed and wonderful time in HK. Looking forward to reading more. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So anxious to hear about meeting Sadie! I know it should have happened by now, but you may not be able to sit at the computer! Prayers w/ you all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. So happy you were able to meet Kim. She was the one that God used to start our adoption journey.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete