"He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No Spring in our step!


So the first few days of Spring for the Hirschberg's have been ushered in with sickness. Me, being the first casualty....spending the first 70 degree weekend wrapped in a blanket. Coughing, sneezing, fever...you get the picture. M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!! My children then fell prey to the virus....actually there is more then one going around our house!
After doctors appointments....4 of us are on antibiotics due to the following...sinus infections, ear infections(some in both ears), possibly strep but THANKFULLY(you with children understand why I say this in all caps)they felt as though there were "so many" things wrong with "each" of them that the antibiotic would cover it if it was strep(which is one of the things I suspected)so they didn't need to, as my kids say.....gag them with a stick!

For the record, I have never, in all my years of being a mom, gone to the pediatricians office and have them give me an antibiotic for each child that was seen....seriously....I usually get the same ol' story....some big explanation about viruses verses bugs....blahhh blaahh blahhh....I tone them out and then just as they are nearing the end of their spiel....I cringe with the words...."VIRUS....just plenty of rest and fluids"...yada..yada...yadaaa. I stick my tail back between my legs and walk out all dejected(not really). Not that I want them to have an infection....but schlepping everybody out the door with chills and urges to vomit at the sight or smell of anything, and crying because heads hurt and talking hurts..(i totally get that)is not pleasurable and I really don't want to think it as a vain trip all for naught....ya know....for crying out loud....help a mama out....maybe just a little somethin....some magic potion....a placebo pill...

However, today......being that I was told "with all the many things going on with each one...they each need to be on a antibiotic"......one would think maybe I would feel....I don't know...some sort of validation.........ahhhhh, yes, finally....I'm right! Sign me up for med school. But, I found myself.......humpf...wow.....really.....okay......ugh.....should I have seen something sooner....when did he/she start with that cough....wait, did you complain of a sore throat last week....or last month....what?!

There it was.........slinking right in position.......that stinkin MATERNAL guilt! What in the world?! Ya know, what I'm talkin about.....right......righhhhhhhht?!

I quickly found myself thanking the Lord that they would soon be able to feel better...with a few poppin of some pills. So far....it's taking a while.....longer then I would like....the fevers are high and are not coming down with motrin, the crying, whining and mommy demands are many and I can't be with each one at the same time. But, I found myself remembering something that one of my dear friends posted on her blog....she has a framed saying in several strategic spots in her house....that says this, "I'm gonna miss this". Doesn't that say it all! It speaks to my heart! I want to treasure all of the time...good, bad, sick......whatever....it's my privilege as their mommy! I'm not perfect....but He is and He gives each of us what we need to get through our mommy moments! Sooooo with no further adoo....let me get back to some luvin on my kiddos!

"Spring Fever" is here!

this picture says it all!
this was after a shower...she looks pretty good
here...don't let the pic fool ya!
You wouldn't know he had a double ear infection with a
nasty sore throat?!?! what a rock! he's the only non-
complaining one who is helping me wait on his siblings.
right now ice is all they can eat....she and Gracie
can't even drink from a straw...poor babies...when
they talk you would think I had a bunch of frogs living
in our house:(

this poor guy is green...can't you tell...he's got
a sore throat but is also throwing up...ugh...he's
got the whole stomach thing going on! Yikes
not me, Lord.....please!!

8 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear about all the sickness going on in your house! Lord touch them all in the name of Jesus and give Cayte strength to make it through and rejoice through it (i know you're thinking yea right!)...love ya girl hang in there mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy....looks like you have had some major sickies! Hope all is better now! Miss you! call me tomorrow! xoxo
    Jul

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, poor babies !!! Tell them all hello from Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor things! I am up right now with my sickie Ben. I am sick too (poor me :( ) Nick has been sick and Charlie seems tobe getting it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww poor Cayte! We had the Plague in our house too this week, and I'm on antibiotics for an ear infection. Must have been something at church...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everybody for your prayers and concerns! Robbie went today and is now on antibiotics too...so hopefully we will soon be on the mend...whatever got us really got us good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( sorry it's been such a rough week for you guys! I've been feeling sorry for myself with our fevers and such. So sad to hear you've all had it even worse! Hope the antibiotics are helping.

    ReplyDelete